Tuesday, September 17, 2024

A Weekend in Calabogie

In July, when I was abstaining from alcohol, our friends, affectionately referred to as Paddlefolk, invited DW and me to a cottage they had rented on Calabogie Lake. They had the place for a couple of weeks but DW and I would only spend one night.

Naturally, we brought our kayaks to explore this lake again.

A couple of years ago, when our friend, Nina, first got her kayak, we had the good fortune of having excellent weather, late in October. So the three of us headed to the town of Calabogie, about an hour away from Ottawa, and explored the northeast section of this enormous lake.

I captured our adventure on video, though one of the lenses on my 360-degree camera was smudged. You can see that video on my YouTube channel.

This year, we struggled to get the kayaks from the cottage to the water, traversing about 70 steep, narrow stairs straight down to the water's edge. But we managed to get on the water for a sunset paddle.

The next day, we thought we would cross the lake to the town and stop for lunch. It was a hot and windy day, but we managed a very straight line across Calabogie Lake.

I've finally taken all of my footage from that weekend and produced another video. Have a look:

If you like my videos, I really encourage you to subscribe to my channel. Oh yeah, and hit the thumbs up, too.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment