Friday, December 9, 2011

Photo Friday: #amwriting

Now that Songsaengnim is in final production, I am starting to turn toward the sequel, Gyeosunim. I've been reviewing old notes, sketching out the story line, and preparing to actually sit down and write it.

For the first book, I often chose pubs as the place to sit and write. They were noisy, crowded, and full of life. And they supplied me with a pint or two, or a glass of whisky, or a bit of both, as fuel. These days, however, I've chosen a different venue to get my creative juices flowing.

The Ottawa Public Library.

Yes, it's a total contrast to my previous writing environment. But so far, I'm enjoying it. There are no distractions. It's quiet. I have space to stretch out.

I've been sitting in the same area, often in the same seat, for more than a month now, on Tuesday evenings. And as soon as I sit down and unpack my laptop, I look up and admire the artwork on the ceiling. And this week, I shot it.


As with Songsaengnim, I'll be posting rough drafts of the chapters of Gyeosunim as I finish them. Start looking sometime in January.

Together, we'll see how this setting inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment