Friday, September 7, 2012

Photo Friday: There, In Ottawa


I love all my blog followers and the good folks who play my Where In Ottawa contest.

But this month, I find the winner a little extra special.

Because, there's a beer connection.

Congratulations to Marc, who correctly guessed that this month's location is the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.


Here are the clues, explained:
  1. Doctor... Doctor... Give me the news... news...: Yes, this is a song. Sort of. The college is located at 774 Echo Drive. Hence the "Doctor... Doctor..." and "news... news... ."
  2. Blood sisters: this building was originally a monastery that was occupied by the Sisters of the Precious Blood.
  3. Monastery no more: in 1992, the college took up residence here. It's no longer a monastery.
Marc, our winner, is involved with a new brewery that will hopefully open later this year, in Pembroke, just up the Ottawa River.

So Marc, your copy of my book is on its way. And I want to say this: before you open your doors to Square Timber Brewing Company, I want an invitation. And a private tour.

You hear me??

Congratulations again.


And Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment