A friend of mine, who celebrates his birthday on April 6 (all the best, Don!), once told me that it snowed more often on his special day than it didn't. Since then, I've made a mental note, and while I'm not 100-percent sure that he was right, it does seem to snow on a lot of April 6ths. We came close: yesterday.
I never take the winter tires off my vehicles until the second week in April because I know that if I do, Murphy's Law will kick in and I'll end up with my car in a ditch. I plan to swap the tires on my car tomorrow and on my van next week.
This weekend promises to be a decent one, to be truer to our ideal image of spring. But before you enjoy the weather, why not start your weekend off with a roundup of this week's posts on The Brown Knowser and Beer O'Clock?
- Where In Ottawa: April, 2013it was no April Fool's Day joke. And it took four days to solve.
- Can We Just Agree That I'm an April Fool?if you read my Beer O'Clock post last Monday (see below), this post will make more sense to you.
- Wordless Wednesday: Time Machine Xmy 10th installment of this series takes us to my favourite Tuscan hill town.
- Words I Can Live Withoutas a technical writer, and an English speaker, these words make me grind my teeth.
- Major's Hill Park Maintenance Shednot the most original of my blog post titles, but I wasn't really expecting Where In Ottawa to be solved so quickly. This post was hastily thrown together.
- Girly BeerI still maintain my opinion. I just watered it down a bit.
- Breakfast Beerthis morning, I'm proving that claim.