Monday, December 16, 2013

Music Monday: Almost Christmas

I don't like to think about Christmas until about 10 days before December 25. It's not because I'm a Grinch—I'm not (I'll be blogging about that later this week): it's just that, for me, it's just another holiday. It doesn't warrant any more attention than Thanksgiving, or Easter, or Canada Day.

The stores just want us to place importance on it until our wallets are lighter and their shops are emptied.

And so, I don't tend to give the last holiday of the year much attention until it's quite close.


Last week, my friend Amanda Cottreau released a new song, Almost Christmas. She contacted her friends and folks on social media to announce the song and to get it the attention it deserves. In a small way, I helped her spread the word by retweeting the news she broke.

I also told her that I would listen to the song when we got closer to the holiday, but she encouraged me to listen to it sooner, saying that it was "an aid to get you through the holiday hoopla." So I listened to it right away, and it put a smile on my face.

It's not your usual Christmas song.

Almost Christmas tells us that Amanda prefers spring, hates waiting in line: "Who needs this stuff anyway?" she sings.

My thoughts, exactly.

Here is her song and video:

 

Amanda's music is also available through CBC Music or through her Reverbnation site, where you can listen to other titles and download them, too.

Let the Christmas season begin!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment