Over the past few months, looking at my stats, I see that the interest in my monthly contest, Where In Ottawa, is waning. Fewer people have visited this post than I used to see, and very few people actually leave a guess. It's as if you only want to leave a guess if you're certain of the location.
Maybe I'm completely wrong, but this month's challenge will be a barometer to whether there is still an interest in the contest. If you play the game, leave a guess, no matter how outlandish it may be. And who knows? You might actually be right!
If I see that there is a significant interest in this post, it will live on. If the stats show me that the interest is at the current level or lower, this will be the last time I run it.
So, are you ready to show you like this contest and want to keep it going? Let's get the rules out of the way first:
- If you were with me when I took the photo, you cannot play.
- If you have won Where In Ottawa in the past, you only win bragging rights. No other award will be presented.
- If you have a guess, you must leave it in the Comments section of this post only. Tweets, Facebook messages, e-mails, texts, or smoke signals will neither be accepted nor will be responded to.
- You can leave as many guesses as you like.
- The first person to correctly identify the location of the photo and leave a response in the Comments section will win the challenge and will be awarded bragging rights and a PDF copy of my novel, Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary.
- The winner can claim his or her prize by sending me an e-mail by December 31, 2013. If I am not contacted by that date, the PDF will not be sent.
Think you know Ottawa? Want to keep this contest going?