Thursday, January 23, 2014

Empty

Last night, I sat in front of the computer, ready to create another blog post, but when I placed my fingers on the keyboard, I paused.

I was empty.

I've been thinking a lot about my current book, Gyeosunim. On Tuesday, sitting at Mill Street Brew Pub, I cranked out a rough draft of Chapter 6. The week before that, I wrote Chapter 5 and re-posted my cleaned-up, first four.

Since I posted the latest chapter, I've been thinking about the next one. I'm going to try and write a chapter a week.

This would be great: I've given myself until the end of this year to finish the book. If I finish earlier, all the better. But because it took me about six years to write Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary, doing the sequel in one year will be nothing short of a miracle.

But I'm giving my attention to it, which means that I may not have anything left to rattle in my head and come out in The Brown Knowser.

If you haven't read my first novel, read Chapter 1 and then consider buying the book. And then you can start Gyeosunim, reading the entire rough draft. Once I send the final version to the publisher, only the first chapter will be available to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment