Where In Ottawa: January 2014

Happy New Year!

For my first post of 2014, I want to wish all of you happiness, good health, and prosperity. Being a person who has a preference for even numbers, I expect this year to be spectacular.

Because this is the first Monday of the month, and because last month you showed me that my monthly contest is still a favourite post, I will continue to test your knowledge of this great city that I hold so dear.

Thank you for showing you care. You have made Where In Ottawa a defining feature to my blog: one that I am happy to continue.

If this is your first visit to my blog or your first visit to this challenge, welcome. The rules are simple:
  • The following photograph was taken somewhere in Ottawa. The first person to correctly identify the location wins the challenge.
  • If you were with me when I took the photo, you cannot play.
  • Submissions to the challenge must be made to the Comments section of this post. E-mail or Facebook messages, or tweets will neither be accepted nor responded to.
  • If you have won the challenge in the past, you may play again; however, no prize will be awarded if you win again.
  • If you win the challenge and are eligible to claim the prize, you have until the next challenge to do so; otherwise, the prize goes to next month's winner.
  • The winner of Where In Ottawa will receive a PDF copy of my novel, Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary.
  • If the location of the photo isn't identified today, a clue will appear at the top of the right-hand column. A clue will appear each subsequent day until the challenge is solved.
That's it. Ready to play?



Think you know Ottawa? Prove it!


Update: In a few, short hours, Where In Ottawa has been solved. Congratulations to Christophe Ledent, who correctly identified the Old Nepean Town Hall, in Westboro. A copy of Songsaengnim will be delivered shortly.

I will post more photos of this historic site later this week, for Wordless Wednesday.

Comments

  1. This one is too easy! OLD NEPEAN TOWN HALL AS SEEN IN WESTBORO VILLAGE

    http://ottawaphotography365.com/2012/12/161-old-nepean-town-hall-as-seen-in-westboro-village/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!

      Congratulations, Chris! You've solved the location.

      My wife told me I was showing too much of the building: I should have gone closer.

      Delete

Post a Comment