Monday, March 31, 2014

Music Monday: Skyscrapers

Oh, how I wanted Fred to come back to Ottawa.

I was first introduced to this Cork, Ireland, band in late 2008 or early in 2009, when some friends of mine, who lived in that city at the time, were big-time fans and had pointed me to Fred's website. My friends told me that if this energetic band came to town, I was not to miss them.

In July of 2009, I got a first-hand taste of Fred: not only did I attend their Ottawa show, I had the privilege of meeting the group and chatting with their front man, Joe O'Leary.

Five years later, at what seemed to be the height of their career, the band members went their separate ways.

You owe me another show, lads!

For Music Monday, I thought I would share the first song of theirs that I had heard, before I saw them perform live. This song, Skyscrapers, shows the fun, goofy side of the band. It also features a short-time member, the uber-hot Carolyn Goodwyn.

Enjoy!



See also, Get Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment