Let me be clear on that point.
One of my greatest memories of my grade-12 graduation celebration was the dinner and dancing at the top of one of the city's prestigious hotels, one with a revolving restaurant, where, over the course of the evening, I could look out and see all of Ottawa laid out below me.
Today, that is the location of the Ottawa Marriott.
Which is not the location of this month's photo challenge.
So, you may ask, why did I even mention it?
This month, as my Where In Ottawa challenge has gained a larger interest and more recognition, the Ottawa Marriott has partnered with me to present a marvelous giveaway. The first person to successfully identify the location of this month's photo will come away with the following:
- A one-night, weekend stay in a traditional guest room at the Ottawa Marriott for up to 2 adults and 2 kids, including access to the indoor pool, sauna, fitness center, and Kids' Zone.
- The giveaway is open to anyone, including winners of previous Where In Ottawa challenges.
- If you were with me when I took the photo, you cannot play.
- All guesses for the challenge must be submitted in the Comments section for this post. Answers submitted by Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, or other means will neither qualify nor receive a response.
- If the location of the photo isn't identified today, a clue will appear at the top of the right-hand column of The Brown Knowser. A clue will appear each day until the challenge is solved.
- The giveaway is valid for one year and is subject to room availability. Blackout dates may apply.
Think you know Ottawa? Prove it!
And my warmest thanks to the Ottawa Marriott. Whether you win the giveaway or not, consider visiting this landmark hotel. Stay a night or two. Get up to their revolving restaurant and look out on this great city. Like them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter and Instagram.
After one hour and nine minutes, the challenge had been solved. I didn't see that coming. The folks at the Marriott and I were hoping to stretch this month's challenge out, but you showed that you were keen (I had more hits on this post in the first hour than I usually receive for the first few days). Several people told me that they knew the location, but they told me through Twitter, and so I didn't respond. A couple of you correctly guessed on this post, but the first person past the post was Bethany Harpur.
Congratulations, Bethany! You correctly identified the location as Immaculata Catholic High School.
|Oh, the clues I planned to weave.|
Next month's challenge, over which I am determined to leave you stumped, will also feature a fabulous giveaway. What giveaway?
You'll have to tune in on Monday, April 7.