Thursday, June 14, 2018

Bored of Black and White

Maybe, I'm just tired of carrying around a minimum of three cameras.

When I challenged myself to last year's daily-photo project, I realized just how hard that can be, especially if you commit yourself to taking that photo and processing and posting it every single day. With the exception of my trip to Cuba, where I had no Internet, every day in 2017 showed an image that I had taken and shared for that day.

It was labour-intensive, so much so that when December 31 was done, I didn't touch my D-SLR camera for several weeks.

I did, however, immediately start another photo project, but this time I pulled out some older cameras; one, which was low-tech and uses 35mm film.

But with this project, I'm finding that I have to push myself to coming up with a subject and going out and capturing it, and, almost halfway through the project, I'm getting bored. Last week, I was tempted to give up the weekly challenge, but I still have a few photos that I've placed in a storage folder for this project (I don't have to shoot a photo every single week).

I haven't been satisfied with the quality of image that I'm capturing with my small, point-and-shoot digital camera, and I've instead used my smartphone for many photos (my only limit on this project is that I don't use my Nikon).

Many days, I'm carrying my pocket Canon Sureshot, an old Ricoh rangefinder (I also used it on last week's photo walk), and my smartphone. Other days, I want to leave them at home.

I may change the project so that I allow myself to include photos that I shoot with my Nikon, but I haven't yet made up my mind.

At the time of writing this post, I had no photo ready for tomorrow's project post. We'll see if I decide to allow images from my D-SLR or if I scrap the project altogether.

Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment