Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Jock River Train Bridge

On a stretch of road in Goulbourn Township, where McKenna Casey Drive comes to an end, the Jock River meanders, peacefully, on its way toward the Rideau River. A narrow stretch of Moodie Drive, in Ottawa's southwest end, passes McKenna Casey, but before it crosses the Jock River, it crosses over a railway line.


That line, to the west of Moodie, also crosses the Jock by way of yesterday's Where In Ottawa challenge. Though the Jock River winds back and forth from just southwest of the village of Richmond to just south of Barrhaven, the rail line crosses the river only once.


This truss bridge is barely visible from Moodie Drive but if you know the area, you know this bridge. Which is why I wasn't surprised when Mike Alexander recognized it. As a previous winner of my photo challenge, Mike has also solved a location not far, in Stittsville, where he lives.

Congratulations, Mike!

I thought this would be a challenging photo. I guess I was wrong. Let's see what I come up with next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment