Tuesday, November 9, 2021

AI Art

Just when I thought I had gotten used to applying filters to my photos, through Snapseed or Prisma, or even Tiny Planets, comes an app where I don't even have to provide a photo.

All I need is a single word or a phrase.

It's a great waste of time that one of my daughters introduced me to while she was at home, on her Reading Week break.

The app is called NeuralBlender. It is an AI art-creation tool that takes words and interprets them into visual images, like abstract paintings. Sometimes, the resulting image leaves a lot to the imagination; other times, it does a pretty impressive job.

Being cheap, and not wanting to input any personal information, I've only used the free app. It lets me modify whether my image is rendered with a horizontal or vertical aspect, or is just a square. If you want to see a higher resolution (512 x 512, versus 256 x 256) or have better blends, you have to pay.

The free version suited me just fine.

The first thing that I typed into the Create Art field was, not surprising, Brown Knowser. This is the result:


I know, pretty creepy.

I then typed a phrase I say every night, on Twitter, before I put my smartphone down for the night: "G'night, peeps. Sleep well." This is what the app came up with.


Not bad at all.

Here's what I got when I typed Dreaming:


Waste of time
:


It's a fun waste of time.

Give it a try and see what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment