Friday, May 6, 2022

Dyin'

I had meant to post an excerpt from my book for Friday Fiction, but I'm dyin', folks.

I've been working on a love scene for Gyeosunim but it's been a challenge. In Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary, there are two sex scenes, and for some reason I had no problem writing them. In the sequel, it's more of a challenge. I've written and rewritten this section. It brings together two characters in a way that doesn't seem natural to me.

In an excerpt that I've already shared, you learn early in the story that this romance doesn't last. But how it comes together just seems awkward and I need to work on it some more. I expect to have it ironed out in the next couple of days and will post it next week.

Is that okay?

In the meantime, I'll share a photo that I shot a couple of days ago.

Just as my orchids grabbed my attention, at the beginning of the year, when they were in full bloom, they also caught my eye this week, as I saw three wilted flowers dangling on the stem. I had thought that by touching them, they would just drop from the plant and land on our kitchen island counter.

But they held on.

I tried pulling them off but the stem only bent with them. They didn't want to let go.

They're dyin' but they're not going without a fight.


And just as I'm determined to keep working on this part of my novel until I get it right, these shrivelling orchids are determined to remain attached.

Eventually, either way, something's gotta give.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment