Friday, August 5, 2022

Kayak on a Mirror

It's turning into one of my favourite kinds of selfie.

There's nothing really to it: I just mount my Insta360 camera on a selfie stick and attach it, via suction cup, to the deck of my kayak. I extend the stick to its maximum length and start recording.

Actually, I hit the Record button and then extend the selfie stick.

In playback, I just set the pivot point directly to the suction cup so that it points straight down and then capture a still from the video. Both lenses for the camera are being used, and because the stitch line is far enough away from the deck of the kayak, there's no distortion.

And the stitch line hides the selfie stick.

A few weekends ago, DW and I went paddling on the Mississippi River, in Almonte. It was our third time kayaking the Mississippi, and I've got to say that this river runs still. The surface is like a mirror.

So, taking a selfie that points straight down to a mirror-like river, the reflection of what was above is truly remarkable. I love this shot.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment