Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Second Appeal

This week, I've told myself that I'm going to get on my road bike. The temperatures are climbing and it looks like some of the main roads are getting cleaned.

The wind has been a bit fierce, so far, with wind gusts up to 50 kph. That's a bit much for my liking.

I'm a fair-weather cyclist, choosing to hit the roads when there's no rain in the forecast, when it's not too hot or too cold, and when the wind is fair.

Except when I've signed up for an event, like the Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour (which I haven't done in years) and the CN Cycle for CHEO, which is coming up in less than a month.

I've been training regularly, getting on my spin bike almost every day. I'm confident that I can complete the 70 kilometres, just as I did last year.

The distance isn't the only reason I sign up for this charitable ride: I do it because I hope that you will help support CHEO's research into fighting cancer in kids. Last year, I set a modest goal of $250 and through the generosity of my supporters, we exceeded that goal.

This year, I've set the same goal and I have a long way to achieve that goal: as of writing this post, there's still $175 to go.

Whether you can give $5, $10, or even $2, your donation means a lot. Please go to my fundraising page and give what you can.

I'm hoping to get on my bike later today, provided that the wind cooperates. I'll also go on a long ride on the weekend.

Together, we can make a difference on May 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment