Thursday, April 6, 2023

The Ice Storm of 2023


I missed The Great Ice Storm of 1998.

At the time, I was living in South Korea and was waiting for my new job to start at Jeonju University. I came home, to Ottawa, about two weeks after the storm and saw some of the destruction, in the form of broken trees, similar to the derecho of last year.

I don't think this ice storm will be as bad as the one more than 25 years ago, but so far it's been an inconvenience.

My house is without power. DW and I are one of the unlucky to be affected by the storm that coated the entire city and region in a thick level of ice. Some trees have snapped under the extra weight but luckily our trees are fine.

We've had so seek shelter at my parents' house, a short distance away but that has it's electricity. For now.

It really is time for us to get a generator.

Wherever you are, I hope you're safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment