Thursday, April 13, 2023

Throwback Thursday: Daddy-Daughter Moment

I miss my kids.

With one of them away, at college, and the other striking her own way, living in Toronto, I don't get to see them as often as I would like. But Kid 2 is returning, today, for a quick, 24-hour visit, and Kid 1 will be back in just over a week for summer break.

Inevitably, they'll be gone again.

They are independent, not really needing their dad like they used to.

I miss the time when I could pick them up over my head and make them laugh, wanting me to do it again and again. Sometimes, I wish I hadn't gone digging through piles of photos, held in boxes in our basement. This photo, of me holding Kid 1 overhead, brought me joy, remembering those happy days.


And then I felt a pang of sadness, knowing that those days, when I was the centre of her universe, are gone.

Of course, I know my kids love me. But there are times when I long for these kinds of daddy-daughter moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment