Tuesday, June 13, 2023

My Collection

The hardest thing I think that I've had to do, of late, was to select what I thought were 10 to 12 of my personal-best photos to show and sell at the upcoming Photo Synthesis exhibit, in Vankleek Hill.

I'm highly critical of my own photos, even when someone tells me that a particular photo is very good. For me to select a bunch of my photos that I feel that people would actually want to buy was a daunting task.

Even now, when I've submitted the photos to the Arbor Gallery, I have my doubts that any of them will sell. And if nothing sells, I'll have the evidence that tells me that I really am an amateur, and to call myself "a photographer" is nothing short of fraud.

Next month will tell.

This post is to remind you that you should come out to Vankleek Hill, a little over an hour east of Ottawa, next month and check out the photography of some local photographers. Photo Synthesis starts on July 6 and runs to the end of the month, with a vernissage (meet-and-greet) on July 8 from 1 until 4.

To give you a taste of what I've submitted, here are just a few:


I hope to see you there, if for nothing other than moral support.

No comments:

Post a Comment