Monday, June 5, 2023

Photo Synthesis

A while back, I mentioned that I will be participating in an art gallery, where I'll be showcasing some of my best photos with other photographers from the Ottawa area. I now have a date.

July 6 to 30.

The theme of the exhibit is Photo Synthesis—four photographers sharing their vision. For me, my photos represent an instant in time where I saw something that was fleeting: either I was going somewhere and couldn't linger or the subject was moving and would soon be gone. In most cases, it was I who was on the move but for my main piece, it was an instant that was never going to repeat itself and if I hadn't captured it, the moment would be lost forever.

Choosing the photos was the greatest challenge. I do like a lot of my photos but when it comes to printing them to a certain size and looking them in a frame, my whole perception of the photo changes. I sent one photo to be enlarged to an 8 x 12 print, and as soon as it was in a matted frame, I didn't like the shot.

My mom was visiting shortly after I put the photo in the frame, and she loved it so I let her take it home. (Funny: on the wall upon which she's hung it at her place, it actually looks pretty good, though I still don't think I could sell it.)

The Photo Synthesis exhibit is out of the way, as far as galleries are concerned. The event is taking place at Arbor Gallery, in Vankleek Hill, which is more than an hour away from my home. But I guess I've got to start some place, yes?


There's a vernissage that will take place on Saturday, July 8, from 1 to 4 pm, and Vankleek Hill is an interesting town, near Hawkesbury. Heck, even Beau's All Natural Brewery is here, for all you beer lovers. I'll be there to meet and greet so I invite you to make the trip and see what the gallery and the town have to offer.

I'll be reminding you about the exhibit from now until it wraps up. Fair warning!

No comments:

Post a Comment