Wednesday, July 19, 2023

To the End of the World

It's taken me long enough but I've finally finished creating all of my Portugal videos.

When I created my video of our visit to the neighbourhood of Belém, in the west end of Lisbon, I wasn't sure that I would have enough video footage to make something watchable, but the more I looked at what I had, the more I thought that there was, indeed, enough content to make the video worthwhile.

With our day trip to Cascais, however, I was sure that I had even less footage.

We had actually visited this small coastal city early in our stay in Lisbon, making use of the transit cards that we had charged up pretty much as soon as we landed in Portugal. We chose to head to Cascais on a day when many of the Lisbon museums were closed. We wanted to see this popular tourist town but we also wanted to go beyond, to Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point in continental Europe.

I wrote about our day last October.

I was pretty sure that I had only a bit of video footage, as I had only covered our walk along the coastline, a bit of our lunch, and a bunch of video while we rode some bikes. At Cabo da Roca, I had managed to capture a bit of video of an unfolding emergency, but I didn't want to dwell on it. That wasn't our story to tell.

I captured some video around the cliffside and near the marker that indicated the westernmost point, and a bit from a hike along one of the trails, but that was it for Cabo da Roca.

We bought some cod cakes for dinner and I recorded some of our interaction with our server, but that was pretty much it for our so-called trip to the 'end of the world.'

I procrastinated while putting this video together but in the end, I think that taking my time allowed me to be picky about what to show. As the shortest of all of my Portuguese vacation videos, it falls in at just under six minutes.

Have a look.

What do you think? If you enjoy my videos, please give them a Thumbs Up and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment