Monday, July 10, 2023

Positive Start

The vernissage for Photo Synthesis brought a lot of people to the Arbor Gallery on Saturday, and I have to say that it took a lot off my mind.

In the weeks leading up to the exhibit, which runs now until July 30, I questioned my submissions and even my abilities as a photographer. I worried that visitors of the gallery would look at my work and shake their heads, wondering why I would have been asked to join with other photographers more worthy of the wall space.

But many showed up to admire the work of Greg Byers, Reenie Marx, Karen Molson, and yours truly, and the vibe, the feedback, and the praise were heartwarming. A weight was lifted from my chest when I saw a red dot affixed to the label for one of my photos.

It was a great beginning to the show.

I captured some video from my smartphone and have put together a short presentation of the exhibit. Have a look.

The three Vankleek Hill photogs and I will be back at the gallery to close out the show on Saturday, July 30, from 1:00 to 3:00. Come out to Vankleek Hill to check out the photographs and maybe even walk away with one or five. I've already agreed to negotiate printing more, should there be a demand on an already sold work, and I'm sure the other photographers would be open to the same.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment