Friday, June 14, 2024

One Week Away

I have to admit that I haven't been pushing this photo walk like I have with others that I've hosted. But that doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to it.

Next Friday, June 21, I'd like to invite you to a two-hour event to photograph the Ottawa River between Lemieux Island and the Chaudière Falls, with a side trip to the Chief William Commanda Bridge. Weather permitting, we should be able to capture some golden-hour, sunset, and blue-hour lighting along the river, at the falls, and of the Ottawa skyline.

The overall walk shouldn't be more than five kilometres, at a gentle pace.


There is no required level photography: anyone from novice to seasoned photographer is welcome. And any camera will do. In previous walks, I've welcomed people with smartphones and Polaroid instant cameras, though for this walk, you might want to bring a tripod that supports your camera, for blue hour.

Or not. I've never needed a tripod for blue-hour shots with my smartphone camera.

We meet along the Ottawa River pathway at the entrance to Lemieux Island, at 8:00 pm. There is limited parking before the bridge that leads to the island, plus there is usually plenty of free parking along Bayview Station Road.

If you have any questions or if you want to let me know that you're coming, reach out to me at brownknowser@gmail.com.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment