That's how it's been this week on The Brown Knowser. There seems to have been two themes running this week, both of them intertwining and weaving into a fabric that is this blog.
The two themes this week were the freezing cold of winter and writing about my fictional Scottish character, Roland Axam. Here's how the week went:
- Beer O'Clock: When In Winter... a review of a beer that is made for the winter, aptly named Solstice d'hiver (Winter Solstice) and brought to you as Ottawa plunged into a deep freeze.
- Walkin' In a Winterlude Wonderlanddespite the cold, winter can be a great time of year to take photos. And so, I've organized an evening photo walk during Winterlude (and tickets are running out fast!).
- Wordless Wednesday: Time Machine 8because it's been too cold to actually go outside and take pictures (we hit 40° this week!), I travelled back in time to better weather and to Scotland, during my research into my character, Roland Axam.
- Digging In The Dirtin my search for writing ideas, I came across my actual Korea diary (the journal I kept while I lived in South Korea). It held entries that I actually wrote about in Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary, using Roland as the main character.
- Photo Friday: Cold Dayson Thursday, I finally ventured out with my camera to capture images that reflected the cold of the week. I also shot a video that demonstrated the cold. I posted it on Friday, which happened to be Robert Burns Day (I ate haggis and drank whisky in celebration, wore my Scotland rugby shirt, and even spoke with Roland's mellowed-down, East-Lothian accent: no one noticeddon't know if that's a good thing or not).
Enjoy your weekend!
Oh, and if you are also following my Beer O'Clock blog, there were two reviews posted this week: