Monday, May 6, 2013

Where In Ottawa: May 2013

Two years ago this month, I started a photo challenge that I hoped would draw in my Ottawa readers and pique the curiosity of readers from out of town.

Two years later, Where In Ottawa is my most-popular blog post. I want to thank all of you who have played, guessed, guessed again, and won.

Here is the second-anniversary photo:



And here are the rules:
  • If you think you know where this photo was taken, you must leave your guess in the Comments section of this post. No tweets, or Facebook or e-mail messages will count. I won't even respond to them. So there.
  • The first person to correctly identify the location wins the challenge.
  • If you were with me when the photo was taken, you cannot play. And, out of fairness for the game, please don't tell someone you know.
  • If you have played in the past and have won, you can still play; however, no prize will be offered.
The winner of the photo challenge will receive an e-reader version of my novel, Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary. Your choice of Kobo, Kindle, Nook, or PDF version. On me. To say thanks for playing and congratulations.

That's it. Think you know Ottawa? Prove it!

Good luck.

8 comments:

  1. Cant' tell if that's a westboro or beechwood steeple thinger!

    Leaning towards westboro as it looks like what's on the BIA's logo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess, Don, but it's not the steeple in Westboro.

      More clues are coming: don't give up.

      Delete
  2. I used to se this picture every morning at the Market Place transit station. It's the Old school house in Richmond, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Bytown Blayne, this is not the old school house in Richmond.

      Try again.

      Delete
  3. Is it the Bell House in New Edinburg??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your guess, but it isn't the Bell House.

      Clues are listed daily in the top-right column of this blog. Keep guessing!

      Delete
  4. Oh! Oh! It's the old school, corner of Jockvale and Strandherd! Also known as SS 10 and the Jockvale School.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it, Coreen! Congratulations!

      Now, how would you like your copy of my book? Kobo? Kindle? For me to read you a chapter each day?

      Delete