Friday, August 9, 2013

Photo Friday: She-Devil with a Sword

I haven't read a comic book since I was a kid, and even at that I only went for the classics: Batman and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Spidey was, by far, my favourite. By day, he was the underdog who fought a tyrannical boss and who couldn't get the girl.

Been there, done that.

Recently, I've been interested in getting back to reading comic books but can never find the time, and I wouldn't know where to start. My kids have started reading manga and have settled on Black Butler. They have read the first two books, but I have heard that they are intended for an older audience so I told them that they can't read any more until I have read the first one and have determined if it's appropriate for them to continue.

In the meantime, while I've been contemplating my own return to comics, I recently attended a photo shoot where our group used a model who was dressed as Red Sonja, a warrior-like hero from the Western Hyrkanian steppes (what is, according to Wikipedia, near modern-day Russia or the Ukraine).

We took many pictures of her in a couple of warrior outfits and different swords, but my favourite way to capture this red-headed heroine was in silhouette, at sunset.

More of my photos have been posted on my Flickr and 500px sites, but I thought I would show you my favourite, which has already reached "Popular" status on 500px.



Do you have any recommendations of what comic-book series I should read? Leave a comment.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment