Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Autumn

Yes, I'm well aware that autumn came a few weeks ago. There are some who say that the fall comes after the Labour Day weekend, when the majority of kids go back to school.

For me, autumn doesn't really descend upon the Ottawa area until after the Thanksgiving weekend.

You can feel the crispness in the air. The leaves have started, in earnest to change to a fiery glow. Jackets are required almost every day, and you can expect to see more rainy days than not.

In Ottawa, the Rideau Canal begins to drain after the Thanksgiving weekend. So, for me, we are now into my favourite season of the year.


In case you missed it, yesterday, because of the Canadian Thanksgiving or the American Columbus Day, or because for some reason, you don't like Monday's, I wanted to draw your attention to yesterday's blog post, which was written by a guest. It's a heart-warming, silver-lining story.

And while you may have read the post, you may not have seen the all-important, accompanying photos. I had no problem seeing them on my computer: I added the story, with the photos, and they rendered without an issue. However, on just about everybody else's screens, including my smartphone, the images appeared as broken links.

I've (hopefully) rectified the problem. If you've read the story already, have a look at it again: this time, with supporting images. If you haven't read it, it's way better than what you're reading now.

No comments:

Post a Comment