Monday, October 29, 2018

My Dark Secret Life

I considered turning this post into another guest one.

Getting hacked is nothing to laugh at. I've been hacked in the past, where someone gained access to my e-mail contact list and sent messages to all of my family and friends. The message had a simple subject that went something like Just for You or Too Funny. Or something like that.

In the body of the message was only a hyperlink. No explanation, no greeting, no signature. Anyone who has ever received an e-mail from me knows I'm not one for brevity. My subject lines always convey a clear introduction and I always explain any link that I include.

Most people recognized it as a suspicious message and notified me. They deleted the message without clicking the link and I promptly changed my password.

I have a few e-mail accounts: my main one, which is known to family, friends, and people with whom I am in regular contact. I have a secondary account, to which I give those I'm not close to but with whom I don't mind keeping in contact.

My third account is the one that I rarely use. It's the one I provide when I visit Web sites that require one and from where I expect spam. It's also provided to anyone who wants to contact me for The Brown Knowser: RossBrownfoot@live.com.

Recently, I received a couple of messages on my secondary account, which immediately was tagged as spam and sent to the appropriate junk folder. One was dated October 19; the other, October 24. They were from the same sender, with similar messages.

They were blackmail.

Here: I'll let you read one of them yourself:
Hello!

I'm a hacker who cracked your email and device a few months ago.
You entered a password on one of the sites you visited, and I intercepted it.
This is your password from blahblahblah@blah.com on moment of hack: P@s5w0rd!*

Of course you can will change it, or already changed it.
But it doesn't matter, my malware updated it every time.

Do not try to contact me or find me, it is impossible, since I sent you an email from your account.

Through your email, I uploaded malicious code to your Operation System.
I saved all of your contacts with friends, colleagues, relatives and a complete history of visits to the Internet resources.
Also I installed a Trojan on your device and long tome spying for you.

You are not my only victim, I usually lock computers and ask for a ransom.
But I was struck by the sites of intimate content that you often visit.

I am in shock of your fantasies! I've never seen anything like this!

So, when you had fun on piquant sites (you know what I mean!)
I made screenshot with using my program from your camera of yours device.
After that, I combined them to the content of the currently viewed site.

There will be laughter when I send these photos to your contacts!
BUT I'm sure you don't want it.

Therefore, I expect payment from you for my silence.
I think $832 is an acceptable price for it!

Pay with Bitcoin.
My BTC wallet: alkupganvakjfakjflakfaopivnalkfcaslfuaut4**

If you do not know how to do this - enter into Google "how to transfer money to a bitcoin wallet". It is not difficult.
After receiving the specified amount, all your data will be immediately destroyed automatically. My virus will also remove itself from your operating system.

My Trojan have auto alert, after this email is read, I will be know it!

I give you 2 days (48 hours) to make a payment.
If this does not happen - all your contacts will get crazy shots from your dark secret life!
And so that you do not obstruct, your device will be blocked (also after 48 hours)

Do not be silly! Police or friends won't help you for sure ...

p.s. I can give you advice for the future. Do not enter your passwords on unsafe sites.

I hope for your prudence.
Farewell.
I have to say, I laughed at this message. After reading it for the first time, I read it aloud, to DW and DD17, using my best sinister voice. I also used a Russian accent, though I have no idea where this message originated.

First of all, they did give me my e-mail account, but that meant nothing. They then gave me what was supposed to be my password, but wasn't. What they gave me was the name of a shared Google folder I had created for one of my kids, to which we have shared photos but haven't used in recent memory (the photos were ones I had taken of her with my phone that she wanted to use as profile pictures or to share with her friends). 

In other words, the hacker had nothing. 

I love how this hacker said that they usually lock computers and ask for ransom but were "struck by the sites of intimate content" that I visited. 

I became interested in learning of these sites that would keep someone from locking my computer. I wish he or she had given me a hint as to the address of these "piquant sites." 

Sounds exciting. 

I wonder how this person came up with the amount of $832. Is it in Canadian dollars? American? What fraction of a Bitcoin is that?

Of course, I blocked the sender and deleted the message. There was a link associated with my e-mail address but I didn't click it.

If any of my contacts receives "crazy shots" that supposedly come from from me, if they come in the form of links, don't click them: no doubt, you'll become at risk for possible hacking.

I am curious about one thing, though: what does my dark secret life look like?




* I changed my e-mail address and the so-called password that the hacker provided.
** I also changed the Bitcoin account number to protect (?) the privacy of the hacker (isn't that a hoot?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment