Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Losing Focus

Last February, I walked away from a seven-and-a-half-year relationship with my Ford Focus, replacing it with a new hybrid.

Before I said goodbye to my old car, which was rife with problems, I made a short video to outline the issues and to bid it a proper farewell. With my Insta360 One X video camera clamped to the passenger side door handle, I talked as I drove around Ottawa on my last daily commute in the Ford, making a detour through the Experimental Farm.

I also shot a scene with my smartphone, attached to the front windscreen, as I was driving along Highway 416, a couple of weeks earlier.

There's no continuity in the driving: I knew things that I wanted to say but they didn't come out in the order in which I drove, so the viewer can't follow my route.

There was a lot of video footage that I never ended up using. I had some great shots of my morning commute, but I didn't talk much and these clips only ate up time.

I really try to make my Brown Knowser videos short. This one is less than nine minutes. Have a watch...



What do you think?

I was thinking that when the weather gets better and when we can be outdoors without the COVID police reminding us to stay in our neighbourhoods, I might make a video of my new car, giving a review of what I like and what I think can be improved.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment