Friday, April 10, 2020

Photo Friday: A Different Angle

There are places around the city that I go to on a fairly regular basis to shoot photos: the Vimy Memorial Bridge, the National Gallery of Canada, Hog's Back Falls, Lansdowne, and of course, Parliament Hill, to name but a few.

There are objects that I make it almost a ritual to capture. When I go to the National Gallery, I have to take a picture of Maman. I love that spidery piece of art and depending on the angle that I position myself, I can make her look gigantic in comparison to the actual gallery or the cathedral that is across the street from her.

When I go to the National Arts Centre, I always stand in one of the two spiral staircases that have a multi-floor chandelier that looks like a bunch of ice cubes on a mobile.

And, when I go to Hog's Back, I often go to the pavillion, stand in the centre, point my camera straight up, and capture what looks like an eye but is actually a simple light fixture.

The last time I was there, shortly after the stay-indoors recommendation was made, I walked from Mooney's Bay Park to Hog's Back Park, my camera in tow. When I reached the pavilion, I took my usual photo, but then decided to take another one; this time, from a different angle.


I love looking at the same things in my city and seeing them in a different light, from a different angle. It's like looking at them anew. And it's why I never get bored of photographing them.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment