Monday, April 20, 2020

Music Monday: It's the End of the World as We Know It

For not the first time, and certainly not the last time, I've lost track of the days of the week. I rely, to some extent, on my smartphone to tell me whether or not I have to get out of bed to go downstairs, to the basement, and get to work. The radio tells me when it's time to eat, it's time to call it a day, and when it's dark and I'm tired, I tell myself to go to bed.

Time in and of itself is meaningless, these days.

Life's set of routines isn't as concrete as it once was. No one cares if I shave or not. It's no longer important what to wear. Though, I do try to make an effort, most of the time. I'll get out of bed when my alarm tells me to. I have a shower. I shave. I put on clean clothes. I go to the kitchen and, if time allows me and no meetings are pending, I feed myself. I go to the basement, turn on the computer and log on. I check my messages, line up what tasks I have, and the day moves forward.

I try to tell myself this is okay, this is normal. The new normal. But nothing about this is normal. I miss being around my peers. I miss getting together with my family and friends. I started working from home 41 days ago but it seems like it's been longer. Much longer.


How are you holding up?



Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment