Thursday, February 24, 2022

Beer O'Clock: Kashmir

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face
And stars fill my dream
I'm a traveler of both time and space
To be where I have been
—Led Zeppelin, "Kashmir"

Fourty-seven years, to the day, that this iconic rock tune was released, I still love it. Once it's in my head, it's hard to get out—not that I ever try to dislodge it.

One of the things that I like about Stittsville's Brew Revolution is that they give their suds names that take me back to good times, listening to the music that I grew up with and love to this date. Walkin' On Sunshine (their NEIPA). Vienna (a lager).

And Kashmir, a Norwegian pale ale, made with Cashmere hops.

I suspect that the folks at Brew Revolution use kveik yeast in their pale ale, to give it that Norwegian distinction. There's something in the flavour profile that gives me that impression.

Let's get into it.

Kashmir – Norwegian Pale Ale (4.5% ABV, 20 IBUs)
Brew Revolution
Stittsville ON (Ottawa)

Appearance: a clear, deep gold with a foamy white head that leaves a solid cap.

Nose: pear. That's it. Pear.

Palate: melon and lemon-lime citrus, with just the slightest hint of banana, and a flinty, mineral finish that coats the mouth with subsequent sips. It's a clean-drinking, dry ale.

Overall impression: the first time that I tried this Norwegian pale ale, I fell in love with it. It had characteristics that were both familiar and surprising. I reached for it when I wasn't in the mood for an IPA and it really hit the spot. It had a good, light body and lots of flavour. It was dry without being bitter and I could really discern the fruit flavours.

In reviewing Kashmir, I opened my last of four cans and was a little disappointed that my supply was coming to an end. And then I remembered that I could always order more, and I'll be sure to. Easily sessionable, I would drink this on both a cold winter's evening and a hot summer's day.

Beer O'Clock rating: 🍺🍺🍺

You can pick up Kashmir Norwegian Pale Ale directly from Brew Revolution or order it online and have it delivered for a nominal fee.

My Shangri-la beneath the summer moon
I will return again
As the dust that floats high in June
We're moving through Kashmir

Rock on... I mean, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment