Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Coffee, Anyone?

I don't expect this to go far but I thought I'd give it a shot. And my timing is awful, being right around the holidays, when there are charities that really need your support.

But I had thought of trying this for a couple of years, and every time I thought about it, I told myself to give it a try but would always forget, when I had a free moment, to implement it. Something else would occupy my head.

And, I also thought, it kind of sounds like begging.

I've opened a Ko-fi account.

For those of you who haven't heard of this, Ko-fi is a free platform upon which you can monetize yourself through donations (tips, as it were). The premise is that you are figuratively buying someone a coffee in exchange for a service that you receive. This service can be an actual product or it can simply be appreciation for something that a person shares, such as art, written work, photography, and more.

Over the years, I've supported fellow bloggers, photographers, and even comedians who share their jokes or skits through social media. I've also supported the creator and operator of my Mastodon instance.

The donations (tips) are figuratively represented through coffee. The account owner sets a price for a cup of coffee (the default is $5) and you can purchase as many cups as you like. You can even set yourself up to give monthly donations/tips/coffees.

The Brown Knowser is free: both my blog and my YouTube channel. But it does take time to create the content. I always hope to entertain or share knowledge and insights. On my Mastodon account, I share random daily photos, which many folks seem to enjoy.

Nothing says appreciation like a tip.

If you've enjoyed The Brown Knowser, show your love by buying me a coffee. I'll likely put the proceeds toward my Beer O'Clock budget, toward my videos (subscribing to sound/music providers), and other things that will improve my blogging and vlogging.

I'll give it a shot.

There's a link to my Ko-fi account in the right-hand margin (and the first link in this post). If you like my content, please show me by buying me a "coffee."

Thanks, as always, for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment