Friday, March 10, 2023

Can't Wait to Get on the Road Again

With this winter being the snowiest in many years, I can't wait to see the white stuff off my lawn and off the streets.

And while I've been using my spin bike fairly regularly, it can never replace my road bike. I long to get back out there—I've even started planning new routes to conquer and further distances to travel.

I have a lot of ambition.

I've also signed up, once again, for the CN Cycle For CHEO fundraiser, on Sunday, May 7. This event helps raise money for children's cancer research. Cancer sucks, regardless of age, but cancer in kids just tugs at my heart. Once again, I'll be riding the 70K challenge.

Last year, because I was on my spin bike practically every day, since January, I had no problem pedaling for 70 kms. I stopped at the 25K and 50K checkpoints to stretch and refuel my body, and I kept a casual pace, finishing the ride in under three hours.


This year, I've invited DW and a couple of our friends to join me, so it won't be such a lonely ride (though, in truth, I like to ride solo most of the time). I'm hopeful that we can maintain the same pace but I'm not going to worry about how long it takes us.

Because this event is a fundraiser, I've set a modest goal to raise $250 for CHEO. I've already contributed $50 to that goal with my entry fee. Last year, I set the same goal and actually raised $300. Can we beat that amount?

By we, I really mean you. Without your support, the goal will never be reached, let alone surpassed. Please go to my donation page and give what you can. Any amount helps.

Thanks, and wish me luck. I can't wait to get back out on the road, and this ride might be my first of the season.

It just might be my most important ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment