Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Porto in 36 Hours

I could honestly retire here.

It's funny how after only spending 36 hours in Porto, Portugal, last September, could leave me feeling that I could live out the rest of my days in this historic old town. But there was something magical about it.

Give me a couple more years, when the arthritis in my right foot, knees, and hips really kick in, and then let's see if I still want to retire to this city of steep hills and many stairs.

But DW and I will certainly return to Porto. We feel as though we have some unfinished business and 36 hours was not nearly enough time to enjoy what the city offers.

For one thing, there's so much port wine that we haven't sampled.

This weekend, I finally finished my video of our experience in Porto, on September 17 and 18, 2022. We were jet-lagged and just getting our bearings, but we accomplished a lot. Not as much as we wanted to accomplish but plenty, given our fatigue.

I'm finding some challenges with my video-editing software and at times I was getting frustrated. For example, a couple of video clips somehow ended upside-down in their original files. I was able to rotate the footage in post-processing, but for an instant, as one of those clips started, the portion that was included in a cross-fade appeared upside-down. Try as I might, I couldn't fix that, so there's an instant where our view from our apartment is wonky.

I also need to work on my walking and recording skill, to make smoother motion.

Anyway, if you have 15 minutes (coffee break?), give my video a view.

What did you think? If you liked it, please give it a Thumbs Up and subscribe to my channel so that you never miss a video. It would be nice if I finally reached more than 100 subscribers by the end of the week. (Yes, I'm really small potatoes in the realm of YouTube but we've all got to start somewhere.)

I'm now working on the next video, which will show our day in wine country, the Douro Valley. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment