Friday, May 24, 2024

Jet

For as long as I can remember, I've seen this object along the four-oh-one on my way to and from Toronto, and I've always wanted to stop and check it out. Much like the Big Apple that smiles at you as you drive by (and, a couple of years ago, I finally stopped at that attraction and captured a few photos).

It's near one of the places that we have a usual scheduled stop along our travels, along Glen Miller Road, at Trenton-Quinte West. This object is hard to miss, set up next to a Ramada Inn. It's a CF-5A fighter jet that looks like a couple of poles have been stuck up the exhaust ports of the engines and leaned at an angle, as though it was climbing.

The fighter is part of a memorial to remember those who served in the Royal Canadian Air Force. The RCAF Base Trenton is nearby, along a bay that leads out to the St. Lawrence seaway.

I stopped long enough to grab a few quick shots, while DW and Kid 1 waited in the car. At home, I applied some dramatic editing. Here's my best of the bunch.


What about you? Are there some roadside attractions that you've often passed along a roadway and have always wanted to stop but never have? Let me know.

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment