Friday, May 3, 2024

Sunset Sign

Yes, it was a clear-blue sky overhead. A perfect, cloudless, clear-blue sky.

But when I started playing around with the white balance, in post-processing, the sky changed from azure to purple, to various shades of pink. And I liked it.

I was going to share this image with Monday's post about Dairy Queen but the image now stood out from all of the other, natural-lighting snapshots that I took of the vacant, old ice-cream shop.

I'm very sad about the loss of a Nepean landmark, a place that brought so many people together on a warm summer evening, but in all honesty, it's probably been at least a decade since I last placed an order at the take-out window. Perhaps I'm sad the same way that I am about other places from my youth are now gone from the Ottawa map.

Perhaps I'm sad that I'll no longer be able to see that DQ and remember the good times I've had there and decide to stop one more time.

I kept this final image, the last shot that I took at the old DQ, the one with which I played around with the white balance, as a single, solitary reminder of what is gone. The purple, pink, and blue pay homage to the colourful memories that I'll keep with me long after this site changes into something else.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment