Thursday, October 10, 2024

My Viking Roots

I only recently learned about my Scandinavian roots, with almost 10 percent of my genetic makeup representing Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. I learned this fact after a genetic test.

There's Viking blood in me.

Which makes it kind of funny that I came across a photo of me from 1989. It looks like I took it at a party (other photos corroborate my guess) and it was probably shot with my old Nikon One Touch point-and-shoot camera.

It's not a great photo, being somewhat out of focus.


DW and I were recently dating at the time but I can't remember which party we were at. We went to a lot of house parties back then. I don't recognize the ceiling or wall but it appears to be in someone's basement.

I don't remember where the helmet came from. Also, at the time, I wouldn't have known that true Viking helmets didn't have horns.

It's funny, looking at the photo now, knowing my genealogical roots. And, ugh, that hair!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment