Monday, November 25, 2013

Music Monday: Drinking Games

Though I'm not a football fan, this post is dedicated to you, Regina. Congratulations to the Saskatchewan Roughriders on their Grey Cup win.


Have you ever heard a song that you liked so much the first time you heard it that you had to have it?

That's how I felt when I heard a song that Alan Neal of CBC's All In a Day played one Wednesday when I was working from home. Halfway through the song, I found myself tapping my feet and bobbing my head as my fingers worked the keyboard of my work laptop.

I grabbed my iPhone, activated SoundHound, and before the song was over, I had purchased a copy of it and played it again through my device.

Thanks, Alan.

Library Voices is a Regina, Saskatchewan, band that has been around since 2008, but I don't really know anything more about them. As much as I like their song, Drinking Games, I haven't really pursued other songs by the band. What I like about this song is how it builds from a quiet, sleepy state to full-blown, energetic tune that I feel tempted to dance along with.

The accompanying female vocals in the chorus add depth to the song, and the howling guitar at the end builds to a raw, solid finish.

The following video of Drinking Games is cleverly shot, with smooth transitions between live shots and animation. When you watch it, make sure you take advantage of a full screen.


Library Voices - Drinking Games (music video) from Young Soul on Vimeo.

Perhaps, now that I've shared this song with you, you will download a copy of Drinking Games for yourself. And perhaps I will follow Library Voices more closely and will download more of their music. If they ever come to Ottawa, I'll be sure to check them out.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment