Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Still Don't Like Camping

Nope.

I still don't like sleeping on the ground, with nothing but an ultra-thin layer of material separating me from the elements.

I don't like cooking meals outdoors, away from steady-flowing water or a drain.

I don't like smelling of campfires without easy access to a shower.

I don't like pooping where mosquitos and other insects can get at my bottom.

I don't like camping.

But I love being out in nature, hiking through the woods and paddling on lakes and rivers.

I love nature without having to live in it.

DW and I have returned from a three-day camping trip in Samuel de Champlain Provincial Park, just 10 minutes east of the town of Mattawa, along Highway 17, between the Ottawa River and North Bay. It's surrounded by some of the most beautiful parts of Ontario.

Because we only returned home last night, I'm still going through some of my photos and video of the trip. I'll have more to share in the future but for now, here are a couple of images that highlight what I do like about camping, which is having the opportunity to capture such snapshots of nature, without having to restrict the time in which to spend surrounded in nature.

As soon as teleportation is possible, camping will be forever off my list of things to do.

Energize!

No comments:

Post a Comment