Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Florida Is Not A Vacation... Yet



The only reason that we're down in Florida is because the kids are competing in the American Dance Awards National Finals.

I wanted to go to France.

And on the first day of competition, I was reminded that I came along to cheer my girls on and to volunteer to help build and move the props onto the stage. And that's exactly what I did almost non-stop from 1:00 to 8:30 yesterday. I did take almost an hour break, in which time I went in search of beer.

By the time the awards ceremony wrapped up last night (so far, the girls took three gold medals for their numbers), it was almost 10:00. And by the time I went in search of dinner, it was after 11:30.

All this to say that I didn't get a chance to review my beer. I had one with dinner, but I used it to wash down my food and didn't take time to appreciate it.

And at 7:00 this morning, we were back at the competition.

Tonight, I'll have some time to relax, and I'll review the beer then. Tonight, I'll sort of be on vacation. Props aren't required this afternoon.

I'll leave you today with a photo I shot when I took a two-minute break yesterday to get some fresh air. Being in the dark, back stage, you don't get to see the weather outside much. So when I finally did, this was my view out the doors directly behind the back of the stage.

It's enough to make me want to start vacation now.

1 comment: