The Brown Knowser has received a lot of attention this week. I wish I could say that it's all been positive, but one thing is certain: it has been a learning experience.
One of the things that I've learned more than anything else is that when people perceive that some great injustice has been done unto to others, those people can become vicious and utter hurtful things, feeling that they are better for it.
I had to learn to take a deep breath and ignore the vitriol.
Here's what happened this week in The Brown Knowser:
- Beer O'Clock: In Search of the Great Pumpkin Ale, Part 5I finish my review of this seasonal ale with three more selections, and give my top five and bottom two. Luckily, no one attacked me for my taste in beer.
- From Tweetups to Meetupsin my desire to learn more about flash photography, I joined a club and attended my first-ever photo shoot with a model. Strangely, no one accused me of being sexist.
- Wordless Wednesday: In The StudioI originally gave the title a Hallowe'en slant, but in retrospect not all of the images were appropriate for Hallowe'en. But this is the post for which I received so much flack, being called "racist" and being accused of "cultural appropriation." Not that it was my decision to dress the model the way she appeared. Apparently, appearing as an historical figure is not appropriate if that person belongs to another race. And it's not cool to dress in beautiful clothes and use accessories if they originate from another continent. But enough about that.
- Gammon, Part 8I finally wrap up the story about being Roland Axam. It doesn't end well, but I blame myself.
- Photo Friday: Childhood MemoriesI was going to use the time to try to defend myself from the comments made against me, but decided that I needed to end the week on a positive note. Those who said hurtful things to me, who tried to "educate" me, I say you don't know me at all. You don't know what type of person I am or what experiences I have faced. You have no right to make snap judgements or pre-judge me. And so I've decided to make no statement.
Have a great weekend. Be good to each other.