Friday, January 30, 2015

Photo Friday: Red, White, and Blue

I don't mean the Stars and Stripes.

It was a perfect sunset. I saw the warm glow as I crossed the Macdonald-Cartier Bridge, heading into Ottawa, and I knew where I wanted to be, knew where I needed to go to capture it.

The snow was a dirty-white, but in some untrodden spots, it was still pure. The sky above was an ice-cold blue, but the sun in yellow, orange, pink, and red, cast a false sense of warmth. The temperature was in the minus twenties, and it was getting colder with the setting light.

I captured the images I wanted and packed up. Took a last look, and turned toward the lot where my car was parked. With any luck, it would still be warm.

The white snow, the pale red horizon, and the blue sky.

And the embassy, absorbing the last of the sun's rays. It's flag was not visible, but I knew it well, had seen it many times over last summer's vacation.

Red, white, and blue.

One last shot before my fingers were frozen solid.



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment