For me, 2015 has not started well. On New Year's Eve, I threw my back out and spent five days lying on the floor. Since then, I've had visits to a physiotherapist and my massage therapist, and my back has been slowly returning to normal.
But as a result of my injury, the last thing I've wanted to do is put my camera bag on my back and go out on a photo shoot of the city.
This weekend, I finally felt well enough to do so. And so, I finally bring you the latest installment of Where In Ottawa.
If you haven't played this challenge before—or even if you have but you've forgotten the rules—here are the conditions of play.
- The following photograph was taken somewhere in the greater Ottawa region. Your job: locate it.
- If you think you know the location of the structure in the image, leave your guess in the Comments section of this post. Answers sent to me by Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, or any other method than by writing a guess in the Comments section do not qualify for this challenge. I will not reply to any other form of guess.
- If you were with me when I took the photo, you may not participate in the challenge.
- If you have won Where In Ottawa in the past, you may still participate; however, if you guess correctly, no giveaway will be awarded.
- The first person to correctly identify the location of the structure in the photograph will receive a PDF copy of my novel, Songsaengnim: A Korea Diary.
- You may leave as many guesses as you want.
- Starting tomorrow, I will leave clues to the location in the upper-right column of this post, adding a new clue each day until the challenge is solved.
- If the challenge has not been solved by noon, Ottawa time, on Sunday, January 25, the challenge will end and I will reveal the location on Tuesday, January 27.
- The winner of Where In Ottawa has until the end of Sunday, February 1, to claim his or her giveaway.
Think you know Ottawa? Prove it!
And good luck.