Friday, August 18, 2017

Photo Friday: More Fireworks

Sometimes, I feel that I betray myself and my photo project. And then, I rationalize it away.

For my Photo of the Day (POTD), I told myself that not only did I have to take a photo every day, process it, and share it on social media, I said that I couldn't take the same photo twice.

And here is the grey area: I've taken more than one photo that includes Parliament Hill, but I've told myself that that's okay because Centre Block hasn't been the focal point in all of the shots. I have a couple of cityscapes that include Parliament Hill; I have a storm front that places Parliament Hill in silhouette; I have a photo of the Byward Market with Parliament Hill in the background; I have a sound-and-light shot that is projected on the Centre Block.

And now, I have fireworks behind Parliament Hill, with the Centre Block featured prominently.

But that's not what bothers me about this POTD.

It resembles another POTD: not shot in Ottawa, not with Parliament Hill.

It's at night, with fireworks. The silhouette of a bridge is lit by the colourful explosion. Though not as visible, there are lots of boats off the port.

I shared a similar photo to that POTD, last week, for Photo Friday.

And now, I'm sharing two more photos of fireworks, because it's that time of the year. And I don't get out to see fireworks that often anymore.

Two POTD shots: different nights, different cities. But strikingly similar.

I don't care. It's my project. I still haven't taken the same photo twice, so I have no real complaints.

Do you?


Happy Friday!


 

2 comments:

  1. Nope, no complaints here - love your photos. Happy Friday to you too, enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete