Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Quintessential Ottawa Photo

When I think of various cities, there are clear images in my head that summarize that city, visually.

For Montreal, I think of the cityscape on an autumn afternoon, from atop the mountain, or along Sainte-Catherine Street, or Notre-Dame Cathedral.

For Toronto, there's the CN Tower, from any angle, or the view from Front Street, looking west, from the St.Lawrence Market, toward the Gooderham Building, or the Kensington Market.

London, England, has Parliament and Big Ben. Paris, the Eiffel Tower, Berlin, the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church

You get the idea.

But when I think of my home city of Ottawa, there's one image that dominates my thoughts. And, day or night, it looks amazing.


When you think of Ottawa, what do you see? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment