Friday, May 26, 2023

Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall

(Coming up with the title for this post, I had James Taylor on the brain for the rest of the evening.)

One of my favourite winter shots that I took, a few years back, was taken on a snow-covered road at the Experimental Farm during a blizzard. This road is fairly remote and doesn't see a lot of traffic at the best of times, so it's a good spot to pull over, pull out the camera, and start shooting.


I've taken a few shots on Ash Lane from this spot: once, at night, and a few times during the winter, but I don't seem to head here at other times. This week, however, I thought I would check it out, now that the leaves have filled out on the trees.


Not as interesting, in my opinion. And it's funny that the trees don't even look to be the same ones in both photos, but I assure you, they are--though it looks like one tree may be missing (maybe lost to the derecho?).

I imagine that this stretch of road doesn't look much different in the summer but I may pop out there again in a couple of months. Maybe catch it on a foggy day. And I bet it looks pretty good on an autumn afternoon, when the late sun falls on brightly coloured leaves.

We'll see...

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment