Monday, August 24, 2020

Getting My Font On

What about this font?
I'm not a fan of the new Blogger.

The new look and feel for the behind-the-scenes tools takes a bit of getting used to and I find that the interface makes it more difficult to control, which I'm sure is not Blogger's intent.

As some of you who are regular readers of The Brown Knowser may have noticed, the size of the font has varied from post to post. It's settled down, somewhat, for the last few posts, but that's only because I've given up.

Before the new layout of Blogger, I would write my posts using Verdana as the font and setting the size to Large. The layout didn't allow me to specify a precise font size and I thought that Large was a bit too big, but a couple of regular readers told me that the Normal size was too small and they had trouble reading it.

I aim to please.

In the new layout, if I specify the body text font size as large, it appears as big as the title of the post, and that's just no good. I tried going into the custom settings, where you can now specify a font size in points, so I changed the Normal size, which was 12 points, to 14 points, and finally, to 16 points. I also changed the font from Verdana to Arial.

Sometimes it works; other times, it doesn't.

How does it look to you?

I can read it fine, but I could also read the old size before I made it larger. I'm afraid to say that if this font is a bit too small for you, I suggest you magnify it through your browser.

There are enough things with the new format of Blogger that annoy me: font size just isn't going to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment