Monday, August 3, 2020

Two Thousand

When I took a break from my blog last year, I had thought that there was a possibility that I'd be returning to it, but I largely doubted it. When I get out of the habit of doing something, I tend to remain not doing that thing.

When I dipped my toes back into the blogging water, more than four months later, I thought I'd write something once or twice a week, at most. But my brain started thinking of more topics, I started taking more pictures, and before I knew it, I was writing a post every other day.

When the pandemic shut everything down in March and I started working from home, I found that I had more time on my hands. I had nowhere to go after I finished my work day, and so I'd fire up my home computer (which typically lies on top of my work computer) and start writing more often.

I'm now up to the rate of blogging that I was at before I pushed away my keyboard, at the end of May, 2019.

Today marks the 2,000th blog post on The Brown Knowser*. 

With more than 420,000 views from dozens of countries around the world (with the US, France, Italy, Germany, and, of course, Canada leading the pack), I can't thank you, my readers, enough for giving me your valued attention.



And while I can't say what will happen down the road (hey, did you know that I've had a Brown Knowser YouTube channel since December of last year?), especially when a vaccine for COVID-19 is widely available and our lives go back toward the old 'normal,' The Brown Knowser will continue for the foreseeable future.

Again, thank you!


* I have actually written more than 2,000 posts but some have been removed. As of this post, there are 2,000 posts that are available to read. I also have more than a dozen posts ready to go, scheduled for September and October. Those ones don't count yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment