Thursday, August 6, 2020

Throwback Thursday: Taunts


It still goes on to this day:

"You're stupid."

"You're ugly."

In truth, they love each other to pieces, and DW and I are happy for that. In a few weeks, DD19 will be leaving Ottawa to study at a school in the GTA, and DD17 will miss her terribly. Next year, our youngest plans to study music in Toronto, and they'll be closer, once again.

In the meantime, I hear them taunt each other with insults, not meaning a word of it.

Even when they left notes for one another, on their bathroom mirror or on each other's bedroom doors. When I saw these notes, in their bathroom, in early 2016, I was horrified. "Don't treat each other this way," I said.

Neither of them are offended. I don't get kids these days. But that, apparently, is my problem.

Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment